If you are, mostly, into sandbars and white beaches on your trips then it’s high time that you give mountains a chance. I don’t mean about rock climbing or hiking, though. However, I assure you that playing around a mountain park wouldn’t feel any less enjoyable.
Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Parks are one of the greatly visited mountain parks in Mindanao, Philippines. It offers a wide selection of outdoor, adventure-filled activities that young and old alike can definitely enjoy. If flying in the air with a wire cable or jump from an 8-storey sky jump tower appeals you then brace yourself as you have found the perfect spot where you can spoil your adventurous soul. Yet if these sound rather scary, have courage, as 2017 should be your year to be bolder! Interested?
So, where is Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Park located?
The parks are situated at Barangay Dahilayan, Manolo Fortich Bukidnon at the foot of Mount Kitanglad; an inactive and the fourth highest mountain in the Philippines. It is at the North-Central Mindanao and takes only about two(2) hours (more or less) drive from Cagayan de Oro City proper.
How to get to Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Parks?
The nearest airport to Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon is the Laguindingan Airport at Cagayan de Oro City (CDO). So if you’ll fly from Manila or Cebu, you may refer to this route below.
MANILA –Cagayan de Oro City (Laguindingan Aiport)
- There are direct flights from NAIA to Laguindingan Aiport.
- Travel time: 1 hr and 30 mins.
- From Laguindingan Aiport, you can take either a bus or express vans. Click here for a detailed guide from Laguindingan Airport to Cagayan de Oro City proper.
CEBU –Cagayan de Oro City(Laguindingan Aiport)
- There are flights from Mactan International Airport to Laguindingan Aiport.
- Travel time: 45 mins.
- Take the same route above from Laguindingan Aiport to Cagayan de Oro City proper.
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Dahilayan, Bukidnon
There are three (3) options available, you may go by express van, jeepney and ride a habal-habal or Magnum Express shuttle. Be sure to stop near Mang Inasal outside the Agora Terminal where vans and jeepneys are located. (Bus is also available but I am not familliar so with it, sorry.)
- Vans (fare: Php70.00-Php80:00)
- Jeepneys (fare: Php 30.00)
- Since there are no direct means going to Dahilayan. You need to drop off at Barangay Camp Phillips, Manolo Fortich where you can ride a habal-habal going to Dahilayan. Habal-habal fare is about Php 165.00(one way) to Php500.00(round trip).
*Travel time varies but should take only about an hour.
If you opted to go on a Magnum Express shuttle, just go to Limketkai center at CDO proper where its terminal is located (passenger’s lounge is at the entrance of the mall). Its fare is Php500.00 per person (round trip).
- Schedule of departure: 9:00 AM from CDO and 4:30 PM from Dahilayan.
- There is only one trip per day.
- Call Magnum Express for inquiries at 09998887999 or (88)852-1999.
What activities can I do at Dahilayan Adventure and Forest Parks?
Both parks are just a walk away from each other. If you plan to stay at their accommodations, you may avail discounts of all the rides. These rides include the Asia’s longest zip line plus some short trainer’s zip line, rope courses, canopy gliders, drop zone, sky base jump, ATV and buggy rides, luge, and much more. Read Unleash your inner adventurer at Dahilayan, Bukidnon for a detailed description of these activities.
Visit on weekdays as there will be fewer people in the parks.
So what are you waiting for? You don’t want to miss the adventures right on the mountains!